Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Timeline of My Life: Birth to Twenties

My Background...
I was born on July 26th, 1997 in Napa, California. My family, which has Mexican, Irish, and American heritage, consists of my mom, dad, and two older sisters. Since I was young, I have always have seen my family's financial and health issues; these experiences have instilled in me the power of hard work and health.
 
 
Birth to 10...
     - Trust vs. Mistrust
     - Autonomy vs. Doubt
     - Initiative vs. Guilt
     - Industry vs. Inferiority
 
First Steps: I first walked without support or help when I was about one-year-old. This was my first "big step" towards autonomy and independence. (autonomy vs. doubt)
 
"Toy Stealer!": When I was three-years-old, I went to pre-school and I stole toys from other kids. This showed my egocentrism, because I didn't understand how they would feel if I stole their toys, I only understood that I would be happy with their toys. (preoperational stage)
 
Kindergarten: I began kindergarten when I was five-years-old. Kindergarten was the beginning of my social development. (initiative vs. guilt)
 
 
10 to 20s...
     - Industry vs. Inferiority
     - Ego Identity vs. Role Confusion
Spelling Bee: When I was ten-years-old, I won the fifth-grade spelling bee. This is the first event that I can remember when I began to take pride in academics and other accomplishments.
 
"Soccer Girl": During my sophomore year of high school, when I was fifteen, I played JV Soccer. As I reflect on my experience, I realize I was experimenting with different roles, activities, and behaviors in a quest to find my own identity.
(Ego Identity vs. Role Confusion)
 
Driver's License: When I was 16, I got my Driver's license. This signaled the development of conventional morality because I was obeying the rules of the road because they are laws and rules. (conventional morality)


No comments:

Post a Comment