Thursday, December 11, 2014

My College Application Process Part 1


concept: mental groupings of similar ideas

prototype: mental image/best example of a concept that incorporates all features we associate with a category

My concept of college, a facility for higher education, includes several subcategories that significantly aided me in narrowing down the number of colleges I wanted to apply to. The categories involved in my concept of colleges were community colleges/junior colleges, public colleges/universities, and private colleges/universities.

A prototype is a mental image that provides the best example of a concept by incorporating all of the features that are normally associated with that category. My prototype of colleges are the set of Ivy League universities. These learning facilities incorporate vast green lawns, beautiful brick buildings, football teams, and high-quality educations, which are all characteristics that I associate with colleges.

No comments:

Post a Comment